- What is ILLiad?
- Who can use ILLiad?
- How do I request journal articles?
- How do I request book chapters, books, conference proceedings, theses, or reports?
- How am I notified when my article or other materials arrive??
- How quickly will my request arrive?
- RUSH requests?
- What if I forget my ILLiad username or password?
- Contact information for ILLiad questions or problems.
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request copies of journal articles, book chapters, books, conference proceedings, patents, reports or theses. Library staff gets copies from journals in our collections or orders copies from other libraries.
Traditionally, this service is called interlibrary loan and document delivery.
Who can use ILLiad?
- Only Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and Family Health Center employees with:
- CCF ID badges that have white or pink backgrounds AND
- employee IDs that are all numbers.
- Employees with blue ID badges or with ID numbers beginning with a letter are usually NOT eligible to use ILLiad.
- Questions? Please call us at 216.444.5697.
How do I request journal articles?
You have 3 options:
- Log into ILLiad, select New Request | Journal Article, and type your request.
- When searching PubMed or Ovid, click the CCFLinks button next to your citation. Select ILLiad from the window that opens, & enter your ILLiad username & password. The form is automatically filled out. Click the Submit Request button. This returns you to the ILLiad Main Menu screen. Close the two browser windows by clicking the X in each open window to return to your search results.
- When searching any OhioLINK database, click the FindIt button next to your citation. Click Get a Copy via Interlibrary Loan & enter your ILLiad username & password. The form is automatically filled out. Click the Submit Request button. This returns you to the ILLiad Main Menu screen. Close the open browser window to return to your search results.
How do I request book chapters, books, conference proceedings, theses, or reports?
Before requesting any of these publications, check the OhioLINK Catalog first! If the item is available at an OhioLINK library, you must request it via OhioLINK.
If the item is not available through OhioLINK, login to ILLiad, go to New Request in the left menu, select your request type, and fill in the form.
How am I notified when my article or other materials arrive?
ILLiad sends an automatic email when materials arrive. To get your article, log into ILLiad and click the PDF icon under View.
Otherwise, pick up books & other items that cannot be delivered electronically in the library.
How quickly will my request arrive?
Most journal articles are delivered electronically within 3-4 days of placing the request. Occasionally, some requests will take longer.
We cannot estimate how long it will take for books & other material types to arrive because it depends on how quickly the lending library sends the material to us.
For RUSH journal articles requests, enter the information into ILLiad, copy your Transaction Number (TN), and CALL the Library at 216-444-5697 to let us know that you have just placed a RUSH. If library staff doesn't receive a phone call, your request will be handled as a routine request.
What if I forget my ILLiad username or password?
If you forget your ILLiad username, call the Library at 216.444.5697.
If you forget your ILLiad password, click here to reset or call the Library at 216.444.5697.
Contact us with ILLiad questions or problems.
Please call the Cleveland Clinic Alumni Library at 216.444.5697 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.